OCTOBER 2020. KENNESAW, Ga.— Recognized for their outstanding service, seven financial professionals from Henssler Financial were named to the 2020 Atlanta Five Star Wealth Manager list by Five Star Professional. The list of winners published in the October 2020 issue of Atlanta Magazine.
Gene W. Henssler, Ph.D., William G. Lako, Jr., CFP®; Jennifer J. Thomas, CFP®, D. James Barker, CWS®; Adam Ledbetter, CFP®; K.C. Smith, CFP®, CEPA; Shawna Theriault, C.P.A., CFP®, CDFA®, were among the 268 who made the final list. The 2020 Atlanta Five Star Wealth Managers is a select group, representing around 8% of candidates (3,314) in the area.
“Being identified on this list signals that our constant effort to deliver excellent service has been acknowledged. It is exceptionally gratifying to be recognized this way by our clients and peers,” said firm Principal, President, and Managing Director William G. Lako, Jr., CFP®. “We are committed to vigilantly monitoring client portfolios, providing exceptional value, and maintaining the confidence and integrity required for successful client relationships.”
To be selected to the Five Star Wealth Manager list, a wealth manager must satisfy 10 objective eligibility and evaluation criteria that are associated with wealth managers who provide quality services to their clients. Other factors considered include assets under management and client retention rate. Candidates also undergo a thorough regulatory and complaint review.
“We differentiate ourselves through service, placing the clients’ priorities at the heart of their strategy to secure a bright future,” said Principal and Chief Operating Officer, Stacy Haubenschild. These seven Henssler experts, all repeat award recipients, continue to display a genuine dedication to providing our clients the best possible experience.”
Working with a Five Star Wealth Manager or any wealth manager is not a guarantee of future investment success, nor is there any guarantee that the selected wealth managers will be awarded this accomplishment by Five Star Professional in the future.
About the Five Star Program:
The Five Star Wealth Manager award is administered by Crescendo Business Services, LLC (dba Five Star Professional), of Eagan, Minnesota. Five Star Professional joins forces with city and regional magazines to publish their research to consumers and promote Five Star-designated professionals in more than 45 markets across the United States. The Five Star Wealth Manager award is based on 10 objective criteria. Eligibility criteria – required:
- Credentialed as a registered investment adviser or a registered investment adviser representative;
- Actively licensed as a registered investment adviser or as a principal of a registered investment adviser firm for a minimum of 5 years;
- Favorable regulatory and complaint history review (As defined by Five Star Professional, the wealth manager has not;
- Been subject to a regulatory action that resulted in a license being suspended or revoked, or payment of a fine;
- Had more than a total of three settled or pending complaints filed against them and/or a total of five settled, pending, dismissed, or denied complaints with any regulatory authority or Five Star Professional’s consumer complaint process. Unfavorable feedback may have been discovered through a check of complaints registered with a regulatory authority or complaints registered through Five Star Professional’s consumer complaint process; feedback may not be representative of any one clients’ experience;
- Individually contributed to a financial settlement of a customer complaint;
- Filed for personal bankruptcy within the past 11 years;
- Been terminated from a financial services firm within the past 11 years;
- Been convicted of a felony);
- Fulfilled their firm review based on internal standards;
- Accepting new clients. Evaluation criteria – considered:
- One-year client retention rate;
- Five-year client retention rate;
- Non-institutional discretionary and/or non-discretionary client assets administered;
- Number of client households served;
- Education and professional designations.
Wealth managers do not pay a fee to be considered or placed on the final list of Five Star Wealth Managers. Award does not evaluate quality of services provided to clients. Once awarded, wealth managers may purchase additional profile ad space or promotional products. The Five Star award is not indicative of the wealth manager’s future performance. Wealth managers may or may not use discretion in their practice and therefore, may not manage their clients’ assets. The inclusion of a wealth manager on the Five Star Wealth Manager list should not be construed as an endorsement of the wealth manager by Five Star Professional or this publication. Working with a Five Star Wealth Manager or any wealth manager is no guarantee as to future investment success, nor is there any guarantee that the selected wealth managers will be awarded this accomplishment by Five Star Professional in the future. For more information on the Five Star award and the research/selection methodology, go to www.fivestarprofessional.com.
3,314 Atlanta wealth managers were considered for the award; 268 (8% of candidates) were named 2020 Five Star Wealth Managers.
2019: 3,197 considered, 285 winners;
2018: 3,248 considered, 287 winners;
2017: 2,378 considered, 301 winners;
2016: 2,210 considered, 526 winners;
2015: 3,620 considered, 546 winners;
2014: 4,433 considered, 560 winners;
2013: 2,852 considered, 592 winners;
2012: 2,660 considered, 607 winners.
About Henssler Financial
With assets under advisement of more than $2.16 billion, as of September 30, 2020, Henssler Financial has been delivering comprehensive financial solutions to its individual, corporate, and institutional clients for more than 30 years. Founded in 1987 by Gene W. Henssler, Ph.D., Henssler Financial provides solutions that incorporate a range of services, including wealth management, financial planning, tax preparation and consulting, small-business retirement planning, and estate planning. The firm hosts Atlanta’s longest running and most respected money show on radio—“Money Talks”—airing Saturday mornings from 10-11 a.m. on AM 920 The Answer.
More information on Henssler Financial can be found on the firm’s website, www.henssler.com, including important disclosures regarding Henssler Financial and its businesses.
# # #
Media Contact: Kelly-Lynne Scalice · firstname.lastname@example.org · 678-797-3781